Welcome to my website!
You’ve clicked the “about” link for a reason, allow me to share a few things (via bulleted list!).
- Am fascinated by numbers and patterns… have a hard time remembering names, but am great at phone numbers…though was never a scholar in math, come to think of it, I wasn’t a scholar ever, at all.
- Happily married, no kids, in part due to getting married at what is considered in our rural neighbourhood to be almost ‘granny-aged’ (That would be 36)… note to single women…keep the faith, and the wait is well worth it.
- Was told by certain teachers in various educational institutes I attended that I was a poor writer. I decided to write a book anyway. Mennonite Girl is my first book… hopefully not my last.
- For 17 years I taught elementary school in BC grades one through six; did excessive amounts of reading, art, singing and creative writing, must have skimped a bit on science and math…or was that French? Je ne sais pas.
- Then moved east to be closer to family and live by the ocean – love kayaking when the swells are low, walking the beach, and collecting sea glass.
- My aforementioned passion for sea glass developed into a small business, Saltwater Angels – I make and sell sea glass angels in the four Atlantic provinces… keeps my hands busy in the manner of many upstanding Mennonite women.
- Am happy in rubber boots, Tilley hat and shorts… (or a little muumuu and Birkenstocks)… happier at a yard sale than in a mall… happier yet with my pack packed, International plane ticket and boarding pass in hand.
- I read voraciously, thankfully my husband does, too, and belong to two book clubs
- Say grace before meals and give thanks every night for running water, clean sheets and a down duvet.
- There are so many things I love about Canada…the natural beauty, the diverse culture, the medical system, commentary by either Rex Murphy or Rick Mercer, almost everything about Newfoundland and the CBC radio.